In 2023 as your City Councillor we convened a number of exciting events. If you missed out, video links are below! To make sure you don't miss out on others this year, make sure to sign up for my email newsletter at michaeljanz.ca/updates or search for me on what's left of social media!
It was really promising to see the Edmonton Chamber of Commerce pull together a sold-out room today of community and business leaders around a "housing first" strategy, building on the best-practices already demonstrated by Murray Soroka (Jasper Place Wellness Centre) and Bridge Healing creator Dr. Louis Francescutti. I want to share a few highlights...
We are building towards a city of two million people– but we can’t afford to be a city of two million cars. Here are ways we are making transit our transit system better.
On Thursday, November 9th, I had the privilege of sitting in on the 10th annual Vital Signs report to the community about the health and well-being of the Edmonton community. This report is a partnership of the Edmonton Community Foundation as well as the Edmonton Social Planning Council, and many other partners. Read on to learn more about their work as well as see some very challenging infographics.
(October 30th 2023) City Hall E-News
- Pleasantview Dog Park Opening - Saturday, November 4th, 3:00PM
- Sunrise Valley Line South East LRT - Saturday November 4th, 5:15AM
- Ed Talks: Big Ideas for a Better Edmonton - 6:00PM November 28th, 2023
- STRONGTOWNS - Events with Founder Charles Marohn - December 13/14th
- Re-cap event Video: Chris Bruntlett: The Human Case for fewer cars in our lives
- Book Launch: Indictment: The Criminal Justice System On Trial by Ben Perrin: https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/indictment-the-criminal-justice-system-on-trial-edmonton-tickets-708135832337 (November 27th)
- NEW: Snow Removal Interactive Map and details about Snow and Ice Control improvements winter
- News: Homes not Hotels - Short Term Rentals and Air-BnB issues: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/2276773955515
Reminder, please share these events or this newsletter with a friend and encourage them to subscribe at michaeljanz.ca/updates
What would you tell a brand new neighbour about the best of your community?