Edmonton’s economic recovery is an opportunity to build on our existing economic strengths and invest in our future. With the right tools and approaches, we can continue to ensure a high quality of life and low cost of living that makes Edmonton a great place to live and start or grow a business.
- Working closely with the U of A, other post-secondary institutions, and our regional partners, we can grow Edmonton’s emerging sectors like hydrogen, artificial intelligence, logistics, advanced manufacturing, health, food, and agricultural tech.
- As an immediate part of our recovery, we can implement local procurement and community benefit tools and agreements to make sure local work supports local businesses first.
- We also need to quickly reduce and rethink regulation that currently gets in the way of the flexible use of public spaces - to ensure vibrancy, innovation and relentlessly support our small business community.
- Economic diversification must include investing in the arts.
- Ensuring that early learning and childcare is part of our economic recovery (read more)