Join our team at City Hall!
Council Assistant, Michael Janz, Councillor-Elect, Ward papastew
- Coordinate ward communications, including advertisements, print literature, news media and website content.
- Oversee social media content and messages.
- Conduct research and stakeholder engagement on topics relating to council and committee work.
- Receive, process and log all correspondence in a timely manner over the telephone, email, in person and on social media.
- Composes and answers incoming and routine correspondence.
- Liaise with City Administration to promptly resolve resident concerns and inquiries.
- Keep the councillor informed and updated about community feedback, upcoming events and ongoing files.
- Manage the office calendar, including processing meeting requests, invitations, and outreach priorities.
- Update and maintain files, including resident cases, budget documents, and policy materials.
- Assist as required with preparation for council, committee, agency, board, and commission duties.
- Oversee and prepare travel arrangements as needed.
- Ensure all required supplies and technology for council office operations are available as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience working with the public and strong conflict resolution and professional communication skills are essential.
- Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
- Broad knowledge of department and civic policies, regulations and operations.
- Strong problem solving, and research and analysis skills.
- Proven ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Strong organizational and administrational skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Sound political judgment and ability to recognize politically sensitive issues and bring matters of priority to the Councillor’s attention.
- Relevant post-secondary education or equivalent experience.
- Administrative experience in a busy political office, an asset.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically good knowledge of Windows and MS Office.
- Familiarity with databases, desktop publishing software, and graphic layout skills, an asset.
- Experience managing social media accounts and using web content development platforms an asset.
Hours of Work: 37.5 - 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday with occasional evening and weekend availability.
Salary is based on qualifications within a range starting at $57,000
An excellent benefits package is available
- Applicants will be required to complete a short written exercise.
- Only Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome diversity and encourage applications from all qualified individuals.
COVID-19 Notice: The City of Edmonton has implemented a COVID 19-Vaccination Policy. Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination. Employees who cannot be fully vaccinated on the basis of a protected legal ground (e.g. medical, religious) may request an exemption. Please note that this policy applies to all employees, including new hires, and volunteers. If your application is successful, you will be asked to provide proof of vaccination or request an exemption.
Posting Date: October 22, 2021
Closing Date: 11:00 p.m. MST on: Wednesday, October 27th.
Number of Openings (up to): 2 - Permanent Full-time
Send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]