8712 109st, Edmonton, AB
1. Love In The Time of Fentanyl — watch online for free via PBS Independent Lens Documentary series: https://www.pbs.org/independentlens/documentaries/love-in-the-time-of-fentanyl/
2. Building Hope: Substance Use In The Trades
3. The 3Bs: Bikes, Buses, and Buildings
4. RSVP for Transit Camp 2023
5. Euan Thomson - Thinking critically about the Alberta Model
6. Evan Watson - Building Power in Community Services
In partnership with Metro Cinema and Lost Time media, I'm excited to announce our follow-up screening and public education event, "Love in the Time of Fentanyl" (Thursday, February 16th).
This event will include an naloxone training, harm-reduction reception, film screening, and presentations from medical and public health experts.
This is a timely public education opportunity on the importance of public health and evidence-based public policy. Respondents will be sharing insights, trends, and a public policy analysis to connect the themes of the film to Edmonton. You are encouraged to submit questions in advance following your RSVP.
Respondents to the film include:
- Dr. Ginetta Salvalaggio: Professor, Department of Family Medicine and public health advocate and associate director Inner City Health and Wellness Program: https://www.ichwp.ca/about-us
- Shanell Twan: Core Team Supervisor at StreetWorks: https://www.boylestreet.org/post/shanelltwan
- Euan Thomson: Each and Every, business leader and community health advocate.
- Evan Watson: Medical Student and Harm Reduction Advocate
- Chris Gallaway, Executive Director Friends of Medicare
Admission by donation. Proceeds will be going to support front-line harm reduction efforts by 4B Harm Reduction volunteers on the streets of Edmonton. Suggested donation is $20.
5:00 PM Reception with volunteer organizations. Bring a curious mind and learn from front line service organizations, housing advocates, and meet other caring community members. Optional naloxone training (Theatre stage) presented by 4B Harm Reduction.
6:30 PM: Welcome and film screening
8:00 PM: Respondents to the film
Promotional partners include Metro Cinema, Public Interest Alberta, Moms Stop The Harm, Climate Justice Edmonton, Each & Every and many more. If you would like to partner with us on this event, reach out: [email protected]