Michael Janz lives to promote education, literacy and community. On October 18th, 2010, he was elected Edmonton Public School Board Trustee for Ward F. On September 11th, 2012, he was acclaimed as Vice-Chair of the Edmonton Public School Board. This fall he will seek re-election as Ward F Public School Trustee for the 2013-2017 term.
In November 2012, Michael was honoured with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for community service and was selected as one of Edmonton’s “Top 40 Under 40.”
Michael is passionate about community. Until September 2012, Michael was employed as the Marketing Director for the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues.
Michael has served as President of the University of Alberta Students’ Union (2007-2008), on the University of Alberta Board of Governors (2007-2009), and as Vice-President of the Edmonton Bicycle Commuters Society.
Michael is passionate about the importance of public education and is an advocate for life-long learning. He is very proud of his BA in History (University of Alberta 2008) and continues to serve his alma mater on the University of Alberta Alumni Council representing the Faculty of Arts. He was recently profiled by New Trail, the University of Alberta Alumni Magazine and you can read the full interview here.
Michael enjoys strong espresso, cycling the river valley, and curling up with a great book.
He lives within Ward F.
To follow Michael on twitter visit www.twitter.com/michaeljanz
Michael’s experience includes:
- Vice-Chair for the Edmonton Public School Board
- EPSB Conference Chair
- EPSB Audit Committee Chair
- EPSB Policy Committee Chair
- Marketing Director for the Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues
- Researcher for the Public School Boards’ Association of Alberta
- President of the University of Alberta Students’ Union
- Member of the University of Alberta Board of Governors
- Trustee of the Edmonton Public Library Board
- Director of the Edmonton Bicycle Commuters Society Board
- Faculty of Arts Representative on the University of Alberta Alumni Association
- Board Member of the Alberta Library Trustees Association