His resume includes:
- Michael has previously served as EPSB Board Chair and VP of the Alberta School Boards. Finishing his third term as EPSB Trustee for Ward F (Elected in 2010, Re-elected in 2013 and 2017)
- Marketing Director, Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues
- Partnership Engagement Manager, Alberta Mentoring Partnership
- Director of Communications, MENTOR Canada
- Edmonton Public Library Trustee & Alberta Library Trustees Association
- President, University of Alberta Students' Union 2007-2008
- Spent two years on the U of A Board of Governors fighting for affordable public education.
- Bachelor’s in History and a Master’s in Education Policy Studies from the University of Alberta.