Thank you for your feedback on my thoughts about citizenship and Edmonton Public Schools. I was happy to support a new, clear, succinct Vision, Mission, and 5 key district priorities for the next three years.
This suite of priorities will now inform our budgetary decisions over few months as we have to make tough decisions regarding our disappointing 1% budget increase.
All students will learn to their full potential and develop the ability, passion and imagination to pursue their dreams and contribute to their community.
We work with families and community partners to provide safe, caring, healthy, diverse, inclusive and equitable learning experiences that engage students to achieve their full potential in an increasingly interdependent world.
District Priorities 2011-2014
- Provide supports and programs that will enable all students to complete high school.
- Deepen students’ understanding of equity and empathy as key citizenship traits.
- Ensure all students and their families are welcomed, respected, accepted and supported in every school.
- Promote health and wellness for all students and staff.
- Listen to staff, honour their contributions, and support their opportunities for collaboration, growth and professional development.